On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:46:01 -0400, Jason Garber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

I would say that the priority on developing PHP is:
1. Bug Fixes from bugs.php.net
2. Features that are slated for upcoming versions of PHP
3. Recoding old functions to make them faster and more stable where needed.

As a user, I personally see placing new features over making old features work better a large mistake. Perhaps that was necessary back in the days of PHP3, but its been a very long time since I've run into simply not being able to do something. Quite often, however, I've run into that the most direct way of getting something done performs too poorly to be usable. Maybe I'm just stuck with worse hardware than most others, but improved performance is one of the biggest thing I'd like to see out of new releases.