On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:05:32 -0700 (Pacific Standard Time), Rasmus Lerdorf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As Alexander's initial re-implementation of crc32() was broken on 64-bit
architectures, I think this is a very good point.

And his stripslashes() "improvement" actually broke backward compatibility
and would have broken thousands of working scripts out there. That set
the tone for me for the rest of the patches.

-Rasmus

Yes, my stripslahses() improvement broke backward compatibility. But can you show me at least one script which it'll brake? Or show me real-life example, which my improvement will brake. And do not forget about following bugs: #9437, #19947, #27848, which have been fixed in my stripslashes() function.