Hi all!

I definitly know, that GIF is an outdated and today a bit crappy graphics format and that PNG is much nicer and cooler. Myself would not even use the GIF creation in PHP anymore and did not do for years.

But beside that I know, that there still are (huge) companies, which force their employees to be compatible to very very outdated browsers (NS 4 and below), which do not support PNG. And if you want to create a website that really works in every browser the same, you cannot count on GIF, since some more actual browsers still do not support PNG transparency correctly.

So, please do all those poor souls a big favor and reintegrate the GIF creation support back into an actual PHP version (4.3.9 / 5.1.0??).

Thanks a lot in advance!
Regards,
Toby
--
Tobias Schlitt                                   GPG Key: 0xA6529579
a passion for php                            http://www.schlitt.info