On 20.12.2019 at 00:05, Máté Kocsis wrote:

> Although, the only problem I have with including every promoted warning in
> the upgrading notes
> is that doing so would possibly cannibalise it as there are dozens (if not
> hundreds) of
> promotions that have already taken place...
>
> Nevertheless, I'm happy to help collecting the converted warnings and
> putting the list in either
> the upgrading notes or any other place - whatever is going to be decided.

Maybe a sensible compromise would be to assemble a detailed list of
these changes, and to hand it over to the doc team at some point, so
that the manual pages could (hopefully) be updated in time just before
PHP 8.0.0 will be released.  Then users could check the manual's
changelog[1] regarding the details.

[1] <https://www.php.net/manual/en/doc.changelog.php>

--
Christoph M. Becker