----- Original Message -----
From: "Stanislav Malyshev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Michele Locati" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 8:55 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] Case sensitivity of require_once

> ML>>There's another thing you should note: under Windows it is possible to
> ML>>specify file names in two ways: in the expanded (normal) way, and in a
> ML>>short way (8.3 file naming compatible).
>
> I think there's a function in Win32 API which brings all these forms to
> common base.

you are thinking of GetShortPathName(). not bringing it to the same base per
se, but perfectly usable in this case. GetFileInformationByHandle() and the
nFileIndex{High,Low} elements of the returned struct could possibly be a
more elegant way of doing this. afair, the latter does not require mucking
with nt native api, though an extended version of the same call does. don't
shoot me, this is from memory ;)

paul