On Wed, 29 Jan 2020, 7:42 pm Peter Bowyer, <phpmailingli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 at 17:12, Rowan Tommins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I'd just like to point out that those two things are orthogonal: the fact
> > that Swoole is distributed as an extension is not the reason it's
> > incompatible with your existing code, and building a similar
> implementation
> > into PHP under a different name wouldn't make the migration any easier.
> >

> You're absolutely right. The difference I'm thinking is that if there is
> built-in support in the language, frameworks will embrace it. At the moment
> I'd need to make my own fork to add compatibility with Swoole et al (or use
> one of the experimental but unsupported forks out there), which isn't
> attractive.

This was why i raised the issue. If it is covered in the core more people
are going to use it. It would be espesially good if it could be supported
within the shared hosting settings where php is commonly used.

As swoole etc have allready done good work, would it make sense to adopt
one of these as official?