Hi Christoph,

I'd see not much value in switching to debug builds for the snapshots.
Currently the snapshots are public and are built with PGO. This makes
it easy for users to test any provided revision. Debug builds are
better suitable for the runtime development, but they require a debug
runtime, can't use PGO and are in most case unusable for users.

IMO, if debug builds of snapshots are needed for something, they might
be added, but release buids of snapshots should not be removed. It is
more important to ensure release builds, for debug they're also
suitable in 98% of cases as it always contains debug symbols. There are
many other points that would speak against switching to debug builds
only. For the developer needs, debug builds can always be done on
demand.

Regards

Anatol