> Hi internals,
>
> I hope you're doing well.
>
> I'd like to announce the PHP Namespace in core RFC for discussion.
> The RFC is authored by me together with George Peter Banyard and it's
> purpose
> is nothing more like to allow the use of PHP Namespace in the core.
>
> The RFC is described at https://wiki.php.net/rfc/php-namespace-in-core
>
> Best Regards,
> Michał Brzuchalski

Hello,

Even though I'm fond to the idea of languages having the official
stdlib contained
into a single space, there seems to be no practicality on a \PHP namespace usage
at this point IMMO.

We would be in a situation where things are either mixed in and out
the new namespace
- Should I `use function PHP\{json_encode, json_decode}` or was it in
the root??? - or
everything that already exists must first receive an alias into this
new namespace, to allow
consistency... but then there would probably be no plans ever to
actually move existing stuff
into the new prefix in the future.

With the lack of a feasible roadmap, I'd rather vote on doing nothing for now :/

Thanks,
Márcio