On July 23, 2004 11:42 am, Andi Gutmans wrote:
> Why do we need one extra byte?

We do not.

> Anyway, the question is if we should return to alloca() or not. I am
> slightly in favor but don't feel very strongly about it.

Perhaps we could try a combination of the two, to ensure that no script is
terminated due to a PHP crash if allocating on the stack fails. By default we
can use alloca() if that fails to allocate the memory, we could use emalloc()
and set a flag free code indicating which free function should be used.

Ilia