Hi,

The vote on the PHP 8.0 Release Managers is now closed, and I've run the
STV system to elect our next RMs!

(Spreadsheet is at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zK425Lu-kYSzsLjL0_U5eLhpr5JYI7vCkZNtPOO_2wE/edit#gid=671237143

if you want to check the numbers)

Votes: 42, Seats: 2, Quorum: 15 floor(42 / (2+1)) + 1

First preference:

Ben     7
Gabriel 2
Joe     1
Sara    32

Sara is elected, with 17 surplus votes. Congrats!

There are 29 second preferences (Ben 11, Gabriel 18) to distribute these
17 surplus votes too (1 goes away due to rounding):

Ben     6       floor(11/29*17)
Gabriel 10      floor(18/29*17)

Total after distribution:

Ben     13
Gabriel 12
Joe     1
Sara    15

Joe gets eliminated with the fewest votes. The vote that had Joe as
first pref transfers to Gabriel as that person's second pref was for
Sara, which already one. After transfering, the result is:

Ben     13
Gabriel 13
Sara    15

Now the next step is to eliminate the person with the lowest amount of
votes, but... as you can see it's a tie :-(

STV allows for different ways of solving a tie, but as we didn't setup
that rule before voting, we can't now pick one, so we have to go to
run-off vote between Ben and Gabriel as second person to be RM with
Sara.

The new vote is open at https://wiki.php.net/todo/php80#round_two and
will run until May 5th, 18:00 UTC+1 — If this results in a tie again,
then Sara can pick her running mate :-)

cheers,
Derick

--