> On May 8, 2020, at 17:08, Ben Ramsey <b...@benramsey.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 5, 2020, at 08:13, Ben Ramsey <b...@benramsey.com> wrote:
>>

>> I’ve submitted a formal request for “legacy approval” to the OSI
>> license-review list, according to their policies.
>>
>> http://lists.opensource.org/pipermail/license-review_lists.opensource.org/2020-March/004716.html
>

> I’m following up with an update on this…
>
> The standard procedure for the OSI is a 60-day review period, after which
> they make a recommendation to the board and then take action at the next
> board meeting.
>
> We have reached the end of that 60-day period, and the license committee
> chair has submitted a recommendation for approval to the board. It’ll be
> voted on at the next board meeting, which I think is either today or sometime
> soon after today.
>
> Here’s the official recommendation:
>
>> - License: The PHP License, version 3.01 (Exhibit A)
>> - Submitted: 4 March 2020,
>>
>> http://lists.opensource.org/pipermail/license-review_lists.opensource.org/2020-March/004716.html
>> - Decision date: due no later than the first Board meeting
>>  after 3 May 2020
>>
>> License Review Committee Recommendation:
>>
>> _Resolved that it is the opinion of the OSI that the The PHP
>> License, version 3.01 be approved as an Open Source Initiative
>> Approved License in the Non-Reusable Licenses category of
>> licenses. The OSI-Approved PHP License version 3.00 shall be
>> moved to the “superseded” category of licenses._
>
> The full recommendation email is available here:
> http://lists.opensource.org/pipermail/license-review_lists.opensource.org/2020-May/004818.html
>
> I’ll let the list know when the approval is final.

The approval is final! The PHP License 3.01 is an OSI-approved license!

> At its Board meeting on May 13, 2020, the Board of the OSI passed the
> motion that The PHP License, version 3.01 be approved as an Open
> Source Initiative Approved License in the Non-Reusable Licenses
> category of licenses and moving the OSI-Approved PHP License version
> 3.00 to the “superseded” category of licenses.

Would someone mind responding to the original poster on the general mailing
list to let them know that their legal department can rest assured that the PHP
license is OSI-approved.

The OSI website might not be up-to-date yet, so you can point them to the
following mailing list link as evidence of OSI approval:
http://lists.opensource.org/pipermail/license-review_lists.opensource.org/2020-May/004841.html

Cheers,
Ben