Hey André,

This does indeed seem to cut into the traditional property accessors scope.

I'm no longer seeing a reason to have property accessors, since immutable
state (and promotion thereof) is much more relevant to fight bugs and
improve application performance and maintainability.

Therefore, I would endorse re-visiting the RFC at
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/write_once_properties instead.

Máté also linked today (
https://twitter.com/kocsismate90/status/1277625002720968704) that C# 9.0 is
getting init-only properties, which looks similar to the RFC linked above.

Assuming we solve annoyances around cloning, that would be a more sensible
way forward, while property accessors seem to perpetuate the bad practice
of getters and setters, which are the main cause for me having to fire up a
debugger in any environment.

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/