I talked to John about this yesterday. I'll take a closer look at this within the coming days to see if this makes sense and how it affects BC in general (if at all).

At 09:45 PM 7/27/2004 +0200, Marcus Boerger wrote:
Hello John,

> Consider the following:

> <?php $a = array('a', 'b', 'c', 'a'=>0, 'b'=>1, 'c'=>2);
>       sort($a);
>       print_r($a);
?>>

> This produces a bogus output:

> Array
> (
>     [0] => a
>     [1] => b
>     [2] => 0
>     [3] => c
>     [4] => 1
>     [5] => 2
> )

> Notice how 0 and c are switched incorrectly. Attached is a patch to > zend_operators.c that fixes it.

The current order simply makes no sense at all.īThe following though would: 0 a b c 1 2 // zero dirst, then strings then numbers a b c 0 1 2 // strings first, then numbers 0 1 2 a b c // numbers first, then strings

and btw, john you forgot the patch, it is attached here.
The one provided does the 2nd which means we only ensured
0 is treated un the same way other numbers are.

Best regards,
 Marcus                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]