On Tue, Jul 21, 2020, at 3:31 AM, Rowan Tommins wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 01:36, Mark Randall <marand...@php.net> wrote:
>
> > So either you fake namespaces e.g. PhpToken or you trample on userland
> > \Tokenizer.
> >

> While you're making a reasonable point, I really wish people would stop
> using that particular class as an example, because I don't think the "PHP"
> in its name is a " fake namespace" at all - it is an object representing a
> token of PHP source code, and thus a PHP token. Even inside a namespace,
> there would be an argument for giving it that name.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Rowan Tommins
> [IMSoP]

To use another, then:

\AttributeDeprecated vs \PHP\Attributes\Deprecated

\AttributeJIT vs \PHP\Attributes\JIT

\AttributeMemoize vs \PHP\Attributes\Memoize

There's a very strong potential for php-src to add a number of attribute
classes, which would logically have very generic seeming names.  Getting those
out of the global namespace and into a logical organization would be very good.

--Larry Garfield