I brought this up on another thread, but it wasn't addressed (which is
fine, since it was somewhat off-topic). I thought it might be
worth bringing up in its own thread, though.

In the other thread, someone had mentioned the following compiler
optimization

foreach(\array_keys($arr) as $key) {

and quietly transform that into:

foreach ($arr as $key => $_unusedVariableNameThatIsntEvenSpilledToTheScope)
{

I would be more likely to write:
  $keys = array_keys($arr);
  foreach($keys as $key){
Which would prevent me from being able to take advantage of the
optimization.

So, what I was wondering, is if there are other optimizations I might be
missing out on, and if so, are they documented anywhere?

--
Chase Peeler
chasepee...@gmail.com