On 06.10.20 17:15, Sara Golemon wrote:
My opinion on constructor property promotion (CPP) is that it's something
for small value object classes and should probably be regarded as
code-smell on larger classes. At the same time, annotations belong with
more complex objects and not so much with small "struct-like" classes.

Given that position, I think we should err towards strictness in how
attributes are applied to CPP declarations.  That is, we should require
them to be meaningfully applicable to both arguments and properties in
order to be used in a CPP context.  If that's a problem for the consumer,
then they should avoid use of CPP.

-Sara

The current usage of annotations is quite often with small struct-like
classes though - I mainly use annotations (and will use attributes) for
data that needs to be validated, or entity-like classes that contain
data. Those classes are small and simple and would benefit greatly from
CPP and attributes used in combination, so it would be a pity to make
that impossible.

From my understanding suppressing the validation errors in this
particular case would be a good solution, or are there any serious
downsides to that?