A while back, Nikita mentioned that it should now be easy to offer an
abbreviated syntax for functions that are just a single expression.  I decided
to take a crack at it and it turns out he was right.  I thus offer this RFC:

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/short-functions

Hopefully I made a decent enough case for it.  It's entirely a convenience
factor, but I think for many OOP cases (getter methods and factored out
operations) and functional cases (where functions should generally be a single
expression conceptually) it does make the code nicer, more compact, and more
readable.

*dons flame retardant suit*

--
  Larry Garfield