Personally I would never use it myself, as I know of better ways around it
which make more sense to me. But on the other hand if it would help others
then more power to yah. I think the argument of user's abusing it is bogus,
as clearly mentioned in this thread. There isn't a WTF factor, as almost
everyone knows what goto does. So frankly it boils down to this.

a.) If it can be added without affecting anything I do then great, do it.
b.) If your in the camp who is against using it (like me) then don't, but
don't tell others what they can and can't use.
c.) Newbies will be newbies no matter how much you hand hold them, so just let
them be newbies and hope they grow out of it sooner than later.

Just my 2c...

-Jeremy