On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 8:55 AM Sara Golemon <poll...@php.net> wrote:

> Given that the JIT is enabled by default, I'm tempted to add another RC
> and delay the release.

As Niki just helpfully pointed out; My understanding of the JIT's setting
on 8.0 is wrong.  It's "on", but with a 0-sized buffer, so it's effectively
disabled.
#1 I feel so much more secure in this whole release than I did five minutes
ago. No offence. :)
#2 We can afford to be a little lax on pulling in those cherry-picks.

So now the question is what is the impact of (not) pulling them into the
release at the literal last minute.
On the one hand, by the book, this is too late for a non-security fix.  On
the other hand, this is .0, and it's impacting a not-enabled-by-default
path, so we can be more generous.

Right now I'm inclined to pull them in, but I'll wait a few hours for
anyone who wishes to object. (It's still only 9am here :p )

-Sara