On Tue, Dec 29, 2020, at 2:26 AM, Marc wrote:

> On 28.12.20 21:23, Larry Garfield wrote:
> > There's been a number of discussions of late around property visibility and
> > how to make objects more immutable.  Since it seems to have been
> > well-received in the past, I decided to do a complete analysis and context
> > of the various things that have been floated about recently.
> >
> > The full writeup is here:
> >
> > https://peakd.com/hive-168588/@crell/object-properties-and-immutability
> >
> > I hope it proves stimulating, at least of discussion and not naps.
> >

> Thanks for the nice write up Larry!
>
> Is there a reason you didn't mention the proposal for immutable classes?
> (probably because it never went into a final RFC)
>
> https://externals.io/message/94913#94913
>
> https://externals.io/message/79180#79180

Two main reasons:

1) It's not been discussed recently (see how old the dates are on those
messages), so I wasn't thinking about it.

2) An immutable class would in all practicality be the same as a class where
all the properties are initonly (or writeonce, but that was already rejected).
So any arguments for/against initonly apply in aggregate to an immutable class.

--Larry Garfield