Hi Morrison.

> Sorry if I missed an optional "intent to vote soon" thread.

I thought I had announced it here, but I did not indicate the specific
dates. I apologize for that.
https://externals.io/message/113720

> simply based on the fact that namespaced things are going
into`ext/standard`.

Yes, I feel that the use of namespaces is an area that needs to be
carefully discussed.

The goal of this RFC is just to get such a feature into core, and we are
not particularly concerned about namespaces. (In other words, we think it's
fine to change RNG\RNGInterface to RNGInterface and RNG\XorShift128Plus to
XorShift128PlusRNG and not use namespaces.)

As per the RFC, we believe this feature is necessary for approaches like
Fiber and Swoole, which have more complex execution order and state
management.

What if you have a problem with this feature being implemented in
`ext/standard`? I think this is unavoidable since `shuffle()`,
`array_rand()`, and `str_suffle()` are implemented in `ext/standard`.

The original RFC suggested quarantining them as `ext/rng` to avoid this
(PECL orng is mostly based on the original idea), but the global state
dependent `shuffle()`, `array_rand()`, and `str_shuffle()` are implemented
in `ext/standard`. ext/standard` are implemented and not deprecated, the
possibility of unintentionally writing state-dependent code increases in
the future.

Let me know what you think.