On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 10:26 PM Larry Garfield <la...@garfieldtech.com>
wrote:

> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/partial_function_application

 Amazing, I've wanted this for so long! Have you considered extending this
syntax to OOP, e.g. $obj->method(?) or SomeClass::staticMethod(?)?

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 10:51 PM Olle Härstedt <olleharst...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Nice. :) Are there any other motivating use-cases besides pipe
> operator (that are relevant for web dev)?

One reason I'm personally excited about this proposal is that it would
allow static analysis in more cases, e.g.

$param = 'fooBar'; // What's this string? A user name? Elon Musk's favorite
color? Text of US Constitution?

somefunc($param);

function somefunc($cb) {
    $cb(123, 'meh'); // What parameter types does this accept?
}

Allowing syntax like $param = fooBar(?, ?); would indicate clearly what
this variable receives. Analysis tools would then be able to check if such
a function exists and whether it would receive parameters of expected types.

--
Best regards,
Max Semenik