On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 at 12:18 am, Benjamin Morel <benjamin.mo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 at 01:06, Derick Rethans <der...@php.net> wrote:
>
>> On 21 June 2021 23:37:56 BST, Yasuo Ohgaki <yohg...@ohgaki.net> wrote:
>> >
>> >The name "is_trusted" is misleading.
>> >Literal is nothing but literal.
>>
>> I agree with this. The name is_trusted is going to be the same naming
>> mistake as "safe mode" was. Developers will put their trust in it that it
>> is 100% guaranteed safe.
>

> FWIW, agreed, too. Trusted is vague and may imply some false sense of
> security. Literal is literally what it says on the tin.

I can follow up properly tomorrow, but by popular request we do support
integers as well (could be seen as stretching the definition of “literal” a
bit).

And we did ask for suggestions last week, which ended up with a vote (as I
couldn’t decide).

That said, I’m really glad that the only issue we seem to have is the name.

Craig