On Wed, Jun 16, 2021, at 11:16 AM, Larry Garfield wrote:
> Hi folks.  The vote for the Partial Function Application RFC is now
> open, and will run until 30 June.
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/partial_function_application
>
> Of particular note, a few people had asked about using ...? instead of
> ... for the variadic placeholder.  In the end we decided not to explore
> that, as Nikita explained off-list it was actually more confusing, not
> less, as it would suggest "placeholder for a variadic" rather than "a
> placeholder that is variadic."  Otherwise, it's just more typing.  The
> syntax choices section of the RFC has been updated accordingly.

The vote has now closed.  The final result is:

Yes; 29
No: 20
Percentage: 59.1%

It has not passed.  Thank you everyone for your involvement.

I'd like to bring this RFC back in the future in some form if either a less
complex implementation or a stronger use case to justify the implementation can
be found.  That would be a topic for a different thread at a different time.

--Larry Garfield