Hi Nikita,

I performed a few other benchmarks in order to provide a little bit more
insights into the performance aspect of the RFC. My latest measurement is
using the same setup as the previous
one, although I made a few smaller changes in the process (e.g. changing
the order of the tests). So at the end, I got the following results:

- Laravel demo app: +0.1%
- Symfony demo app: +0.43%
- bench.php: +0.4%
- custom concat bench: +3.89%

The results are comparing the "literals" branch with the commit in master
on which Joe's work is based. As far as I remember, the simpler variant of
is_literals had a 0.1% slowdown
in case of Symfony, and 2.09% in case of the custom concat benchmark.
Personally, I think even the current numbers are acceptable, especially
because PHP 8.1 is going to be
roughly 30% faster than PHP 8.0 according to my benchmark in case of the
Symfony demo app. Laravel's result is very similar, but I don't remember
about the exact numbers.

Regards:
Máté