On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 6:04 PM Jordan LeDoux <jordan.led...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm fairly certain that it is compatible, however I wanted to double check.
> Can LGPLv3 sources be included with the PHP source or is the PHP License
> incompatible?

In principle, it is compatible. We do bundle one LGPL 2.1 library (libmbfl).

Having LGPL licensed code may affect downstream users though, e.g. someone
shipping a proprietary version of PHP will be required to build mbstring as
a shared extension, to ensure that the LGPL licensed code portion may be
substituted. For that reason, I don't think we can accept LGPL licensed
code in any required PHP components (that are always statically linked).

Generally, not having LGPL licensed code is strongly preferred.

Regards,
Nikita