On Mon, 5 Jul 2021 at 19:14, Craig Francis <cr...@craigfrancis.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Internals,
> I have opened voting on https://wiki.php.net/rfc/is_literal for the
> is-literal function.

This RFC has been rejected; with 10 votes in favour, and 23 against.

I'd like to thank everyone who has been involved in this project, in
particular Joe Watkins for creating the implementation and helping me
though this process, Máté Kocsis for the independent performance tests,
Rowan Francis for helping me with the RFC text and emails, Derick Rethans
for covering this on the PHP Internals News podcast, and for everyone who
has discussed this implementation and provided their input (especially
Larry Garfield, Scott Arciszewski, and Rowan Tommins).

And thank you to Matthew Brown for adding the 'literal-string' type to
Psalm:
https://github.com/vimeo/psalm/releases/tag/4.8.0

As an aside, only 4 of 23 'no' voters provided any comment as to why they
voted that way on the mailing list, which I feel undermines the point of
the Request For Comment process, with an additional 5 responding personally
off-list after prompting. This makes it harder (or impossible) for points
to be discussed and addressed.

Craig