On 06.08.2021 09:45, Mike Schinkel wrote:
> I too would appreciate having a function in the PHP library that returns an
> array and that is named more intuitively than parse_str().
>
> However, I would suggest naming it `parse_query()` instead of
> `parse_query_string()` as `_string()` is redundant and I see shorter function
> names being preferable when the intent of the function is clear.

I agree about the _string suffix removal. However, I know we have
parse_url() already, but parse_query() might be too generic. I would
suggest adding "http" to the name. And as we already have
http_build_query() I would rather see http_parse_query().

The RFC should target 8.2.

--
Aleksander Machniak
Kolab Groupware Developer        [https://kolab.org]