> On Sep 21, 2021, at 3:45 AM, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 11:21 AM Mike Schinkel <m...@newclarity.net> wrote:
>
>> Honestly, at first I confused `Deque` with `Dequeue` and was wondering why
>> we would name a class with a verb?  It wasn't until Rowan's comment that I
>> realized `Deque` is an abbreviation.
>>
>> Which begs the question: how many other PHP developers will know computer
>> science terms like this well enough to know `Deque` is a noun when they see
>> it, and more importantly how many PHP developers will think to search for
>> `Deque` when they need a queue?
>
> Unlike the Vector name which is really confusing as it is not a
> vector, Deque is actually relatively known for anyone needing a double
> ended queue. It even comes first in google search, wikipedia or java
> implementations, which matches this implementation.

Being able to google what Deque means is one thing, but thinking to search for
it when you don't know it exists *and* you don't know that Deque is the term
you would need to be searching for.

> We expect our
> users to know all weird names of different patterns, I trust them to
> be able to learn what a Deque is. :)

So we expect PHP developers to have a computer science background? Maybe you
are assuming everyone minimally has your expertise?  Have we as a group decided
to forsake beginners?

-Mike