> On Nov 12, 2021, at 10:10, Derick Rethans <der...@php.net> wrote:
>
> On 12 November 2021 13:07:42 GMT, Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi internals,
>>
>> I've opened the vote on
>> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/deprecate_dynamic_properties. Voting will close
>> 2021-11-26.
>
> I've voted no on this one. Not because I don't like the idea, but because I
> think the timeline for deprecation and removal is way too fast.
>
> This is IMO not something important enough to cause a fairly large BC break
> for, and it should wait until the last in the 8.x series before we deprecate
> it.
>
> cheers
> Derick

I’ve voted no for the same reason.

I like this change, but the deprecation in 8.2 seems too disruptive. I’d
rather promote our intent to deprecate this with a statement in the
manual that says something like, “This feature will be deprecated in
PHP 8.3 and removed in 9.0.” Meanwhile, 8.2 should include the
AllowDynamicProperties attribute so folks can start preparing.

Cheers,
Ben