Le jeu. 25 nov. 2021 à 06:05, Tim Starling <tstarl...@wikimedia.org> a
écrit :

> Voting is now open for my RFC on locale-independent case conversion.
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/strtolower-ascii
>
> Voting will close in two weeks, on 2021-12-09.

Hi Tim,

I voted yes because I want to see this happen but I raised a point in
https://externals.io/message/116141#116259 and didn't get an answer:

Despite their name, I never used natcase functions for natural language
> processing. I use them eg to sort lists of files in a directory, to account
> for numbers mainly. But that's not what I would call natural language
> processing. I'm not aware of anyone using them for that actually. I'm
> wondering if it's a good idea to postpone migrating them to an hypothetical
> future as to me, the whole reasoning of the RFC applies to them.

I wish the strnatcasecmp() and natcasesort() function, but also the
SORT_NATURAL flag were also covered by this RFC.
Is that possible? Would it make sense?

Nicolas