If I understand correctly, what you're saying is that we should always use Max-Age and just do the conversion ourselves?

Andi

At 01:46 AM 8/18/2004 +0200, Christian Schneider wrote:
Andi Gutmans wrote:
Not sure if an how this could be added to setcookie() because of the already rich amount of parameters it accepts. Would it make sense to have something like setcookie_max_age() or something similar?

I think we should overload the expire parameter. Somewhat ugly but transforms the function into what it really should look like. Adding another parameter or even function complicates the life of everyone in the future and since a IMHO doable way exists I'd say we should keep it simple.

Proposal: expire < 1000000000 (Sun Sep 9 01:46:40 2001) uses Max-Age and allows up to 31 years of Max-Age. If properly documented this should be ok IMHO.

If people are afraid that someone hardcoded something before Sun Sep 9 2001 in their source code then we could lower it to 100000000 (Sat Mar 3 09:46:40 1973, 3.1 years) but I'd prefer the previous value.

My .02$,
- Chris