Hi Internals!

this is a follow-up for my "Pre-RFC" email from last Friday, January, 7th.

Christoph Becker granted me RFC editing permissions and I've now written up our proposal as a proper RFC:

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/redact_parameters_in_back_traces

I recommend also taking a look at my previous email:

https://externals.io/message/116847

It contains some additional context that did not really fit within the language of a "neutral" RFC that will remain as the permanent record.

- As indicated within the RFC and my previous email we still need a more experienced developer for the final implementation, as I have next to no experience with PHP's implementation.

Specifically adding this attribute to existing functions is not clear to me. It is probably required to update the stub parser/generator to add support for attributes? If someone creates an example implementation for one function, I'll likely be able to apply this to other functions myself. - The RFC Impact to Opcache is not clear to me. I don't believe there is any, but I am not sure. So if someone knows, I'm happy to update that section.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus
Developer WoltLab GmbH

--