Hi Alex

On 2/1/22 07:38, Alexandru Pătrănescu wrote:
I think storing the original value within the replacement value should be
considered and voted in this RFC as well, even if implemented in a separate
PR.
I did write some code where I process programmatically the backtraces and
while I might not have used it with sensitive parameters, it would be good
to have the code generic, if this passes.

I'm guessing that mostly means accepting the value as a constructor
parameter exposing a getValue() method
And, of course, making sure var_dump/print_r/string-casting does not print
it. I mean, it looks like the implementation is doable.

I've now proceeded with this:

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/redact_parameters_in_back_traces?do=diff&rev2%5B0%5D=1643710897&rev2%5B1%5D=1643972253&difftype=sidebyside

I've also updated the example implementation:

https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/7921

Please take a look, looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus
Developer WoltLab GmbH

--