You can't just go the usual way like nothing happens. This is the same as
if you know someone dying and say: well, I can't help with anything, so I
will do nothing against it. Inaction in such cases offends people. Banner
is the least possible, still useful way to help and people will know you
are trying to help whatever you think you can help.

By "you" I mean PHP community.