Hi Vedran,

On 3/17/22 19:03, Vedran Miletić via internals wrote:
What do you think about this change?

*If* a change is made I'd rather like to see all-lowercase headers, as that's the casing enforced by HTTP/2 [1] [2].

I don't see a benefit in changing one capitalized version to different capitalized version. Even though headers are defined to be case-insensitive there are consumers that (wrongly) rely on a specific casing and thus it as a matter of fact it will be a breaking change to them (even if they are wrong).

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc7540#section-8.1.2
[2] In the (PHP) code I'm maintaining I'm defining any new header in full lowercase.