At 10:10 27/08/2004, Christian Stocker wrote:

On 27.8.2004 8:59 Uhr, Derick Rethans wrote:
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:

At last weekend's EuroFoo [1] I attended Marc-Andre Lemburg's talk [2]
on the Python development process.

I really wish we had a process similar to Python's PEPs [3] [4] for
PHP.

Having guidelines for issues like adding a new module [5] or
deprecating a module [6] not only makes the development consistent but
also transparent to our users.

What is wrong with how we currently do it?

Agreed. I don't like PEpr, I don't like the PEAR voting process and the PHP developement process works quite well how it is (I'm aware of the fact, the PHP wouldn't just take PEAR's model as-it-is, but nevertheless...).

Me too.
I would like to get some feedback about my suggestion to move away from the simple 'experimental' status and dividing it into two - quality rating, and 'API subject to change' tagging. Does this make sense to anybody else?

Zeev