> We spend a lot of time to increase limits for uploads file in PHP.
For a lot of time, I assume you are using a web host that does not
allow modification to INI file directly or using INI functions, and
you have to contact your host provider for that change. Otherwise, it
is not that difficult to apply that change. Plus, this question would
have been answered in a php forum, like phpearth.
> I'm not against increasing the sizes, but 50MB might be too much.
It is possible on userland as well as configuration level. I don't
feel like it is worth doing. It will  break some websites. Most of the
projects go with default options of upload; thus, doing so will make
issues for such projects.
> By the Way... This needs an RFC right?
This change should be made with an rfc. Because it will impact a
majority of projects, and usually devs doant have to have that huge
limit. Plus, there are razed further concerns that