Hello everyone,
I am the author of https://github.com/php/php-src/issues/10007 proposal
and I would ask you for the green light to do so. There are two kinds of unusefull branches:
a) the PHP-x-y-* branches - I would restrict the removal of branches
that HEAD commit matches git tag HEAD-1 commit
In theory the branches can be used somewhere, but they are pointless as
git tag HEAD-1 is a 1:1 replacement.
No data will/can be lost (and in theory, such branches can be restored
anytime locally).
b) the 10+ years old branches as mentioned in
https://externals.io/message/102982 I do not expect these branches to be used anywhere.
If 20 years old contribution is expected to be finished, the author
should have a local git/svn copy and open regular PR for it :) Can we collectively agree?
With kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / S přátelským pozdravem,

Michael Voříšek