On Thu, 15 Dec 2022, Marco Pivetta wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Dec 2022 at 15:27, Derick Rethans <der...@php.net> wrote:
>
> > I've just opened the vote for "More Appropriate Date/Time
> > Exceptions". It runs until December 31st, 24:00 UTC.
> >
> > You can vote at:
> > https://wiki.php.net/rfc/datetime-exceptions#voting
>
> Happy to see this move forward, so I voted YES.
>
> In a theoretical patch, I suppose it's possible to refine these types
> further then?

Yes, that would be possible. As you know, subclassing them wouldn't
break BC. Whether there is any use, or scope for it, is to be seen of
course.

> https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/b9cd1cdb4f236b7e336b688b16d58a913f4d5c69/ext/date/php_date.stub.php#L363
>
> Would the stub system be capable of documenting exception types?

Yes, they are just classes, after all. The random extension already does
this too:
https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/b9cd1cdb4f236b7e336b688b16d58a913f4d5c69/ext/random/random.stub.php#L167

cheers,
Derick