Hi

On 3/27/23 19:03, Tim Düsterhus wrote:
RFC: Make unserialize() emit a warning for trailing bytes
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/unserialize_warn_on_trailing_data

Proof of concept implementation is in:

https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/9630

The minimum 2 weeks of discussion will be over in a few hours:

I believe RFC is fairly simple and the proposal is well-explained. The comments during discussion were generally positive and no new emails came in since day 2 of discussion.

With regard to the request of making this an exception, this will not be part of this RFC, as I explained in my previous email. I've also added that to "rejected features" within the wiki.

With that said, I plan to open voting later this week (likely Wednesday, time permitting), unless any significant commentary happens in response to this pre-vote announcement. I don't plan any further changes to either the RFC text or the voting widget title.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus