Nothing seems to happen on this front, and our Windows users like to move to
PHP 8.2 too.

The windows.php.net site states: "This is because the Windows PECL build
machine died, and the team is still working on the long term plan of building
DLLs for PECL extensions with a new CI process."

We are 1 year since the machine died. 6 month since the statement on the
website. From the point of view of our users nothing has changed, and are
questioning if the windows project is still alive.

I'd like to ask: Is re-inventing the building process really a smart thing to
do if it means we'll be out-of-service for more than a year?

"We're doing our best to finish that as soon as possible, and keep you up to
date."

I'm not questioning intentions, but I hate to think this is 'our best'. We
should at least have and share a more concrete plan, possibly share a rough
timeframe and share if we hit a blocking problem. If help is needed, we should
ask.

Greetings, Casper