>outdated format, standard has been changed while ago

What do you mean? Do you mean that the constant was legal at some point?
Was there ever a version of ISO8601 allowing the mixing of "extended
format" and "basic format" ? The earliest version I've read, iso8604:2004,
does not allow it (more on that here:
https://externals.io/email/114883/source - can't find the proper link right
now, am on phone). Haven't read the older 1988/1999/2000 versions, and it's
possible one of those allowed it, but I doubt it. The only thing I can say
for sure is that it's been illegal since the 2004 version