Hi Ben

On 05/09/2023 03:31, Ben Ramsey wrote:
> On 9/2/23 14:41, Niels Dossche wrote:
>> I'm opening the discussion for my RFC "DOM HTML5 parsing and serialization
>> support".
>> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/domdocument_html5_parser
>

> Thanks, Niels. This is much needed.
>

>> This proposal introduces the DOM\HTML5Document class that extends the
>> DOMDocument class.
>

> In light of the recent discussion regarding casing of acronyms in class and
> method names [1], perhaps this proposal should consider `Dom\Html5Document`
> instead? I know this isn't consistent with the other `DOMDocument` classes,
> so maybe remaining consistent is better in this case.

I briefly touched upon this in the "Naming" section of the RFC.
The current active policy for class names
(https://wiki.php.net/rfc/class-naming) requires us to use DOM & HTML5 instead
of Dom & Html5.
If Tim creates an RFC to change these rules, and that RFC is accepted, then I
believe we should change the new classes & aliases to follow those new rules.
Especially if both RFCs land during 8.4's dev cycle, then it shouldn't be a
problem as there would be no BC concern about the name casing for ext/dom.

>> I propose to use Lexbor.
>

> Lexbor is licensed under the Apache-2.0 license [2]. In general, I don't
> think this will present any problems, as long as we adhere to the terms of
> the license (i.e., include the NOTICE file, etc.), but I did want to call
> attention to it in case bundling the source code of an Apache-2.0 project
> within a PHP-3.01 project is a cause for concern for anyone.
>

> Cheers,
> Ben
>

> [1]: https://externals.io/message/120959
> [2]: https://github.com/lexbor/lexbor/blob/master/LICENSE