Hi Larry,

> I have not heard of this functionality before, so I don't know how common it
> is.  If it's only lightly supported and in different ways, perhaps this is a
> use case for the new per-DB subclasses?

Many DBs have this functionality, so I was thinking of implementing it in the
same way as `beginTransaction()` and `commit()`, rather than using subclasses.

SQLite may not have a two-phase commit feature. I think to make it to be an
error if I use these methods in such cases. (In fact, `commit()` etc. will also
generate an error if it is not supported)

Regards.

Saki