Hello,

> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Rainer Schaaf wrote:

>>   Derick assigned the  Bug #29297 to me and asked me to repair this.
>>   As it is already repaired in the main CVS (Wez moved the PDFlib
>>   extension a while ago to PECL), I thought the best solution would be
>>   to remove it here too and point to the PECL repository for people
>>   looking for this.
>>
>>   But it looks like this was an bad idea, so what else should I do?

> Repairing != removing ;-)  I assigned it to you so that you could tweak
> the config.m4 to check for version 6 of the library, and bail out in
> case it found that version.

For me it was one possibility to repair it by removing it (giving the
hint where to find a substitution).

The other possibilities would be to merge the latest version from PECL
to PHP_4_3, or checking for PDFlib6 (and then consequently for PDFlib5
too, as this wrapper only supports PDFlib up to Version 4.x).

Merging the latest version from PECL would not be a solution, as it
only supports PDFlib 5/6 and not the older versions of PDFlib. This
would break the compatibility (In PECL we have to versions of the
PDFlib extension one for PDFlib 3/4 and one for PDFlib 5/6).

So I thought the best thing is to give the peoples the possibility
to choose the right thing and use the PECL extension they would like
to use.

I hope it is more clear now why I got the idea that removing is some
kind of repairing here.

As I did put pack the old version, the question remains on how to
solve the Bug #29297?

--
Best regards,

Rainer Schaaf       [EMAIL PROTECTED]        http://www.pdflib.com
Personalize PDF: PDFlib Personalization Server and Block plugin
_______PDFlib - a library for generating PDF on the fly________