Hi Carlos

On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 12:29 PM Barel <barel.bare...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Feel free to share this list here, on GitHub or otherwise. I'm
> > skeptical whether throwing partially outdated resources at people is
> > actually helpful.
>
> I trimmed the list that I collected so that it only included the most
> significant items which have a lot of information. This list would be:
> - https://www.phpinternalsbook.com/ PHP Internals book
> - https://phpinternals.net/ PHP Internals web site with documentation about
> a lot of the structures and macros used in the code
> - https://www.npopov.com/ Nikita Popov's blog
> - http://blog.jpauli.tech/ Julien Pauli's blog
> - https://phpinternals.news/ Derick Rethans' podcast
> - https://www.zend.com/resources/writing-php-extensions Zend's guide about
> writing PHP extensions
> - https://wiki.php.net/internals The internals page in the wiki
> - https://www.informit.com/store/extending-and-embedding-php-9780672327049
> Sara Golemon's printed book
>
> Do you think this sounds good? If you do, I will create the PR to update
> the contributing doc

Thank you for the list. It looks more digestible, and most of it is
already congruent with CONTRIBUTING.md.

* Juliens blog is a bit large, but contains some very detailed posts
that should still be relevant. It might make sense to list them
explicitly.
* https://www.zend.com/resources/writing-php-extensions requires
sharing your contact infomation to obtain. I'm not sure how other
people feel about this.
* https://www.informit.com/store/extending-and-embedding-php-9780672327049
might be outdated, as it was published back in the PHP 5.1 era. I'll
leave it up to Sara whether she thinks the book should be recommended
at this time.

The rest seems to be already listed.

Regards,
Ilija