Hi Gina,

I would like to propose an RFC to add the functions
> http_get_last_request_headers() and http_clear_last_request_headers() to
> PHP to replace the magic variable $http_response_header.
>
> Link: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/http-last-response-headers

Sorry I missed this RFC.

In Symfony's HttpClient, we use stream_get_meta_data($h)['wrapper_data'] to
access headers, so there is already a way to get them using nothing but
local scope.

This makes me wonder why, in "rejected ideas", you wrote this?

> One suggested idea was to provide those headers via a by-reference entry
> to the stream context.

Maybe we don't need anything but to promote what works already (this
"wrapper_data" entry)?

Nicolas