Hi Marco

On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 7:04 PM Marco Aurélio Deleu <deleu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 19 Mar 2024, at 14:51, Ilija Tovilo <tovilo.il...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Robert
> >
> >> On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 5:24 PM Robert Landers <landers.rob...@gmail.com>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> > See https://wiki.php.net/rfc/pattern-matching#throwing_alternative. I
> > believe this idea would combine nicely with pattern matching. It has
> > many more uses there than just simple class type matching, and could
> > even be used for things like destructuring.
>
> That looks like a PHP dream. Has there been any work regarding that?

https://github.com/iluuu1994/php-src/pull/102/files

The implementation is mostly complete (it might slightly diverge from
the current specification. Bob has called for a different
implementation approach that might be more complex but potentially
easier to optimize, I'll have to play around with it. There are also
still some design decisions that we aren't completely sure about. For
now, Larry and I are just trying to get property hooks over the finish
line.

Ilija