Hi all,

In the role of "Veteran" release manager, Eric Mann [0], the PHP 8.3
release manager,
has volunteered to mentor two rookies, so there will be two seats up for
grabs.

For those two rookie seats, we’ve got three eager candidates for your
consideration [1-4].

Voting is now open on https://wiki.php.net/todo/php84 using "Single
Transferrable Vote" (STV).
Those who participated in prior elections will recognize the format;
for the rest, the TL;DR is that it allows each voter to state their
preference order by voting multiple times.

There are three polls on the wiki for your three preferences, in descending
order.

Using some math that I’ll leave to Wikipedia[5] to explain,
we’ll start with the 1st preference and gradually remove candidates with
the fewest votes,
transferring votes that had previously gone to them to their voter’s 2nd
preference, and so on.
Once two candidates have a quorum (Droop quota), those will be officially
selected as our RMs.

I will ask Derick Rethans to proctor the tabulation of the votes, since he
hopefully has still scripts from last year.

As you consider each candidate, please bear in mind that this is a 3.5 year
(or potentially 4.5 if the extended security support RFC passes) commitment
and is a position of trust.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Your 8.3 Release Managers,
Jakub Zelenka, Eric Mann & Pierrick Charron

Vote Opened: 2 April 2023 15:00:00 UTC
Vote Closes: 16 April 2023 15:00:00 UTC

Refs:
0 - Eric Mann: https://news-web.php.net/php.internals/122580